Terms and Conditions
- Countywide endeavours to maintain the information content of this website to the best of its ability. At times and without notice changes can be made to this site in order to maintain up to date information, improve services and change the descriptions of any products, special offers or prices. Such changes can result in typing errors and/or technical inaccuracies.
- Any person using this Web Site is in agreement to the terms and conditions. Countywide can not be held responsible for any person who does not agree to such terms.
- All information content displayed on this Web Site is subject to copyright to Countywide and/or the relevant third parties and therefore only allows the printing of such content solely for personal and non-commercial use. Any information printed or downloaded from this site should not be modified, copied, displayed, reproduced, distributed or published without direct permission from Countywide.
- Countywide takes no responsibility for any links that lead to other Web sites that are not under Countywide’s direct control and therefore will not accept responsibility or be subject to any liability for the information that third party Web Sites may contain.
- Such terms and conditions relating to any products or services described in this Web Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising in relation to the same shall, unless otherwise expressly agreed, be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Links to other Web Sites
- Countywide Driving School Ltd strictly adheres to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK and therefore is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you.
- The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- Whenever you make an enquiry via our online booking form, by email or telephone we ask you for your name, postal address, phone numbers and email address. This information is removed from the driving schools database within 7 days unless specifically asked by the person enquiring to keep their personal information on record until advised otherwise.
- Credit card, PayPal and Cheque payments information is included in the driving schools above policy.
- At no time is your personal information shared with a third party for commercial reasons.
- Contact Countywide in the event that you have any questions relating to our privacy policies
- Countywide has taken every care in the preparation of the contents of this Web Site and the information, pictures, logos, names, images, regarding or relating to Countywide, or the products and services of the same (or to third party products and services), are provided to the best of Countywide’s knowledge and is therefore subject to the possibility of unverified, incomplete, inaccurate or non-comprehensive material and information. Countywide accepts no liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information displayed in the Web Site or for any reliance placed by any person on the information
Terms and Conditions - Driving Lessons & Intensive Driving Courses
- All instructors are self-employed.
- As a self-employed driving instructor the contract to provide driving courses and receive payment for those courses is between the driving instructor and the student or parent/guardian.
- All matters relating to timing, meeting location and duration of the lesson shall be subject to agreement between the Instructor and the student or parent/guardian.
- At least 48 hour’s notice - to cancel or rearrange hourly driving lessons - must be given by the appropriate party. Failure to give this notice will result in a valid claim by either party for an equivalent value in compensation.
- All bookings secured via this website are subject to acceptance in accordance with Countywide's terms and conditions.
- All courses are subject to a non-refundable deposit paid at the time of booking the driving course.
- All outstanding driving course payments should be made at the commencement of the driving course.
- All courses booked through the services of Countywide are under the proviso that the student is forming a contract directly with the self-employed independent driving instructor appointed to carry out the driving course.
- Therefore the student should take up any issues relating to balance payment disputes or claims directly with the appointed driving instructor and not with Countywide. Countywide cannot be held liable for any compensation claim from either instructor or student.
- It is the students responsibility to read Countywide’s terms and conditions. Also to ensure that a record has been taken of all the relevant driving course booking details.
- The student must pay the relevant non-refundable deposit for the driving course in order to secure the booking. The balance payment should either be paid in cash directly to the driving instructor on the first day of the course, via this website, or by credit card payment no later than 10 days before the commencement of the driving course.
- Countywide act independently as a driving course booking agency and is not VAT registered. All monies paid directly to Countywide for deposits, theory test fee, practical test fee, booking and administration fees are excluding VAT. This includes all balances paid to the driving instructor on the first day of the driving course.
- All driving course discounts and promotional offers are deducted and agreed prior to booking a driving course. Any such offers are displayed on Countywide’s website and advertising material. Any further discounts may be agreed between the driving instructor and student if appropriate.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check emails regularly for confirmation details and tests.
- Acceptance of the students booking will take place only if all relevant sections on the booking form have been completed correctly and the correct agreed payment for the course has been received.
- It is agreed that a deposit is paid for the driving course at the booking stage by the following methods - cash, cheque, PayPal and accepted credit cards. The balance is paid in cash directly to the driving instructor at the beginning of the driving course. It is the students responsibility to request a receipt if required.
- Countywide will make every endeavour to book the student’s practical driving test for the end of the driving course, providing that the student has passed the theory test at least 10 days prior to the driving course start date.
- In the event that a student has not passed the theory test prior to the commencement of the driving course. It is agreed that the course will go ahead as scheduled but one training day will be kept in reserve and taught the day before the practical test date.
- Countywide cannot guarantee a driving test for the end of the driving course, but every effort will be made to ensure that a test booking coincides with the end of the driving course.
- If Countywide cannot provide a driving test within the same week as the student’s driving course then the next available date provided by the DSA will be booked, subject to the driving instructor and student’s availability.
- The driving test will be booked at the nearest practical driving test centre to the student’s hometown. In the event that this is not possible an alternative test centre will be agreed with the student.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that both parts of their driving licence are taken to the theory and practical driving tests. The old paper licence must be accompanied with a valid passport or other forms of identification accepted by the DSA.
- The student will be expected to use the driving instructor’s vehicle for the driving test providing the student has reached the required test standard of driving. The driving instructor will make every effort to help the student reach test standard. However, if it is considered by the driving instructor that the student is unsuitable for test purposes and therefore a possible danger, for safety reasons the student will not be allowed to use the training vehicle for the test.
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform Countywide of the following when booking a driving course.
Full Postal Address
Driving licence number
Theory test pass date (if applicable)
Theory certificate number (if applicable)
Date of birth
Unavailable dates and times
Special requirements (if applicable)
Medical condition (if applicable)
Conditions that may affect driving the course or test
Pre-booked test dates
Manual or Automatic car
- Countywide reserves the right to rearrange driving course dates, times and change driving instructors when appropriate. Any changes to dates and times can also be made by the driving instructor and student on the condition that both parties agree.
- Countywide cannot guarantee that the student will reach the required driving test standard by the end of the driving course.
- In the event that the student has not reached the required standard the driving instructor reserves the right to suggest that the driving test be rearranged to a more suitable date or if past the DSA’s allocated date of change then the driving instructor also reserves the right to refuse the use of the vehicle for test purposes. All fees lost due to nonattendance of the practical test will be the student’s responsibility.
- Allowances will need to be made when practical and theory tests are booked over a bank holiday period, as this will reduce the availability dates for the tests.
- Countywide cannot be held responsible for bad weather, Examiner cancelling, mechanical failure, accidents whilst participating on a driving course or test. It is the driving instructor’s responsibility to ensure that the student arrives on time for the practical test in a clean and suitable vehicle for test purposes. Any late arrivals resulting in the test being cancelled will be solely the driving instructor and student’s responsibility.
- In the event of a practical driving test cancellation, Countywide will endeavour to rebook the practical driving test at the earliest convenience. Any rebooked practical or theory tests will be charged the appropriate DSA fee where applicable.
- Refunds for a intensive driving course are agreed on the condition that a minimum of 28 days written notice prior to the start date of the driving course is given stating legitimate reasons for the cancellation. Any such cancellations will be subject to a £25 administration fee.
- The student must pay any outstanding balances by cash directly to the driving Instructor on the first day of the driving course. If the student wishes to pay the balance payment by credit card, Countywide reserves the right to apply a 3% charge. Bank transfers or debit cards do not attract a surcharge.
- Rebooking practical or theory tests are subject to a £5 administration charge.
- Countywide cannot be held responsible for any traffic law violations, highway fines, toll and congestion charges incurred whilst on a driving course by the driving instructor and student.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they hold a valid provisional UK driving licence for the category B - Car Licence and act responsible when participating on the driving course.
- Countywide is not responsible for a student not providing any relevant information that could affect either the driving course or test.
- The student’s eyesight must be up to the required standard. If unable to read a number plate from the required distance, the driving instructor may refuse to allow the student to drive.
- If the student is found to be under the Influence of Alcohol, Drugs or anything which could affect the driving, the student will not be allowed to drive for that day losing all associated fees for that days training or test fees if appropriate. The instructor’s decision on this is final. Should the same situation be repeated then the course will be terminated with loss of all course fees.
- If the student decides not to attend a driving test for any reason, the student will be liable for the next test fee.
- Should the student become ill within the 3 working day test cancellation notice period, the test fee will be forfeit and the student will be subject to an additional charge for the test fee.
- Any liability on the part of Countywide is limited to the total value of the course.
- Should the driving instructor arrive late for a lesson due to circumstances beyond his/her control, the instructor will make every effort to extend the ‘finish' time of the lesson by the same amount of time or add the time on to a future session.
- When the student fails to attend a pre-arranged intensive driving course time, the instructor will wait a maximum of 30 minutes before leaving. This will result in the student losing that days training session and fee.
- It is a Countywide policy that no eating, drinking or smoking is permitted whist participating on a driving course, unless otherwise agreed by the allocated driving instructor.
- All driving instructors acting on behalf of Countywide are approved by the Driving Standards Agency. (DSA ADI)
- The driving instructor reserves the right to charge an agreed cost for the use of the vehicle for test purposes. The charge should reflect the total amount of time required to travel and return from the test centre and for the time necessary to conduct a practical driving test. This extra charge must be agreed between the driving instructor and student prior to the last date of change for the practical test booking.
- Any threatening behaviour or unnecessary bad language caused by the student during a driving course or driving test that is directed at the driving instructor, DSA Examiner, the general public, in writing or via any other form of communication will be deemed unacceptable and may result in the driving course or test being terminated with loss of all course and test fees. Any money outstanding will still remain due.
- Cancellations and Rebooking’s In the event that the student decides to end the driving course before all hours are completed then Countywide will not be held responsible for such a decision and all driving course fees will be lost.
- In the event that a driving course is booked and Countywide has not received written cancellation or rearrangement either by post or confirmed email at least 28 days prior to the driving course start date then the balance payment of the course will still be owed to the driving Instructor.
- Special Offers
2 Hours for £17.90
5 Hour Block Booking for £75.00
2 Hours for £22.00
5 Hours Block Booking for £107.00
in Sussex and Hampshire
at the beginning of the driving lesson course
Not applicable to
holders of an International driving licence
persons requiring refresher driving lessons
test standard pupils who already have a practical test booked
Cannot be combined with other special offers
- Credit Card Payments
- All products purchased via the Countywide Driving School Ltd website are entitled to a refund subject to the following conditions. A refund request must be made in writing within seven days of the date the product was purchased or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). A full refund will be returned within 30 days by the same method the payment was received.
Ownership of Web Site
Company Name: Countywide Driving School Limited
Company Number: 03555624
Telephone: 0800 0930 920